In today’s environment, credit and debit card fraud is regularly in the news and is a prevalent target for hackers. The losses can be quick and large. Anyone, even the most tech-savvy consumer, can become a victim.
What We Do to Protect You
- Provide Visa Zero Liability Policy on all credit and signature-based debit cards issued1
- Apply Authorization Blocks for certain card transactions
- Implement PIN and/or signature blocking upon request
- Perform fraud monitoring
- Sign your name on the back of cards upon receipt
- Push credit instead of debit and entering a PIN
- Don’t share your PIN with anyone
- Review statements and transactions regularly
- Go paperless by receiving statements electronically and using online banking
- Keep a list of card numbers and phone numbers to report if lost or stolen
- Call the number on the back of the card if there is a question about your account
- Maintain current information including phone numbers, email addresses, and primary mailing address on file with the bank
- Be aware of surroundings when performing transactions
- Never provide account information to anyone who calls, emails or texts you without authenticating the request (see Social Engineering section)
If you think you are a victim or have been targeted by a card scam, call our Client Services and Solutions Specialists at 800.867.2265. Associates are available between 7 am and 8 pm (CT), Monday through Friday, and between 8 am and 4 pm (CT), Saturday. To report a lost or stolen Debit or ATM card after hours, please call 866.392.9952.
1The Visa Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only. Does not apply to ATM transactions, certain commercial card transactions, PIN or other transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify Bank Midwest immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please contact Bank Midwest.